RESERVATION TERMS AND CONDITIONS
We accept payment using all major credit and debit cards. Payments must be received in full prior to the check-in date or access to the apartment may not be provided. All transactions are processed in Australian dollars AUD.
Credit Card Surcharges
All Surcharges are covered in the booking rates.
Refund and Cancellation Policy
If booking directly through Nest Properties, when cancelling your apartment booking completely, cancellation fees are as per the following schedule, plus $250 administration fee per booking:
Cancellation Rates & Periods:
- Over 30 days before arrival date – 70% refund
- 15 -30 days before arrival date – 40% refund
- 0 -14 days before arrival date – no refund
Booking Amendments and Extensions
For short-term rental less than 3 months, once your booking is confirmed we require a minimum of 14 days written notice for any amendments.
Reductions: If you want to reduce your rental period, you must provide 14 days written notice. This means that your rental will be payable from the date you have provided notice for a further 14 nights. If you reduce your rental period without 14 days notice you will be charged up to 2 weeks rent. As the rental rate was quoted according to the original entire rental period, the rate will then be adjusted from day one to the applicable rate for the shortened period.
For longer-term rental 3 months or above, a minimum of 21 days written notice must be given and breakage fee up to 4 weeks rent may apply.
Extensions: If you have an option to extend, 14 days notice must be given to take up the extension. If no notice is given to the office we reserve the right to re-book the apartment. Extensions are at the discretion of the Agent and no guarantee is given that an extension will be granted.
Other: In the rare case that the apartment you have reserved is not able to honor your reservation, a full refund will be given to you. Nest Properties will describe the premises and location to the best of their ability and in good faith. No responsibility or refunds for alleged misrepresentation can be accepted.
Security deposit is mandatory for all bookings and is fully refundable after check out if the property is left in a reasonably clean and fair condition. We will be placing a $500 hold on your card, which will be released upon check-out and inspection.
Holding deposit is NON-refundable if the applicants change their minds. It is NOT a standard charge for all bookings. It typically only applies to long term rental booking (3 months+). Holding deposit will only be charged if we specify at the time of booking.
Apartment Rental Conditions
The information about the apartments listed on this website are subject to change at any time and are indications only. Rental rates vary depending on how long you are staying. Rates are reduced for longer stays. The Christmas, New Year and peak seasons rates are not listed on the website, so please send your inquiry through to us, and our booking consultants will respond with the availability details and rates.
To book an apartment or check availability, you may contact our reservations via the Contact Us page. Bookings are confirmed following receipt of your rental payment. Accommodation is paid for in advance. For stays of up to 2 months, the amount payable is due in full. For stays longer than 2 months, payments can be made in installments. In the rare case that your choice of the apartment is not available, Short Term Apartment Rentals reserves the right to provide alternative accommodation of a similar standard.
Pictures of apartments shown may vary and are captured to best describe the apartment or of similar standard.
Your allocated Guest Manager will provide you instructions on how to gain access to the property at least 24 hours prior to check-in.
Check-in time is 2pm and check-out time is 10am unless alternative arrangements have been made with your Guest Manager. For very early arrivals, we suggest booking from the night before to secure an early check-in.
– It is the responsibility of every guest to read and abide by these terms and conditions.
– It is the responsibility of all guests to report any issue with the property to the Guest Manager. This includes any disturbance, damage, loss or any criminal matter relating to the property.
– Apartments are to be used only for accommodation. Parties or commercial use is strictly prohibited.
– All damages and breakages payable.
– The number of tenants must not exceed the maximum number allowed and listed on your booking confirmation. If a property is reported to be overloaded, the tenants will be asked to vacate, with no refund made.
– All apartments are privately owned, please respect this and do not move furniture around.
– Guests should show respect and care for the property and ensure doors and windows are locked when vacated.
– Guests are expected to keep the property at an acceptable level of cleanliness that would be considered acceptable to an average person. Any unacceptable damage resulting from poor cleanliness will be charged to the guest. If cleaners are required to make additional charges these will also be passed on to the guest.
– A departure cleaning fee is payable.
– Please consider other tenants and the neighbourhood at all times. Remember that your accommodation is in a residential apartment block. Please keep your noise level or any disturbance to a minimum.
– Majority of our properties are situated in an apartment complex and managed by various parties. There are regular checkup works and routine inspections happen throughout the year. It is a condition of stay for all tenants to cooperate and give access when necessary.
– Pets are not allowed in majority of our properties, please make enquiry for special request.
Departure Cleaning Fee
A departure cleaning fee is payable on each booking. This is $100 per booking.
We are happy to organise extra weekly or fortnightly service cleaning for you. Please consult your booking consultant regarding this.
Our apartments offer a non-smoking environment, should you smoke you will be charged $300 for cleaning and deodorising.
Damages and Breakages
A security deposit is required with all properties rental. Breakages or damage to the apartment resulting from your occupancy will be paid for by the guest. In the event of damages incurred by you or your visitors to the apartment, the security deposit we held or the credit card details you provided will be deducted with a charge in accordance with the damages and a receipt will be forwarded to your nominated email address.
Phone and Internet Access
Prepaid local SIM cards can be purchased from Australia Post outlets, major supermarkets or any mobile phone outlet shop, which should be usable in your current mobile phone.
Most of our apartments provide WIFI for short term stay. Portable pocket WIFI can also be purchased at major Internet service providers.
Due to the rapid rising electricity costs, we reserve the right to charge guests for excessive utilities should they use more than normal consumption. For long-term leases, guests may be responsible for all gas, electricity ad internet bills (this will be negotiated at the time of booking as it will depend on the rental rate quoted).